Friday, August 6, 2010

This has nothing to do with woman sipping drinks in a bar in Paris, or sun bathing in bathing suits. This has everything to do with people traveling, people from other countries traveling in places they never thought of traveling to. Well that is the goal at least, this blog is also about how I ( a 17 year old African American girl travels to different places) can travel and help you see new things.

I was in the book store a few days ago and I picked up every single traveling magazine that I could get my hands on. And my heart just fell from seeing not only was there very little traveling stories about other cultures traveling, it had mostly (Please forgive me for saying this) White people in them. I don't hate any race and I feel everyone should be equal and one, but when you see one skin tone makes you feel left out. But when you do see African Americans traveling it's mostly to the places that you have already seen, like the south or new york. I want to see Asians traveling around the world, I want to see African Americans traveling around the world. I want to see every culture traveling around the world.
So this is why I am writing this blog because that is my main focus and that is what I want to target for people like you and me. So soon I will have my youtube channel will have videos of traveling tips and other things to help travelers and this blog will have travel stories and pictures for you to see. I mean it's a mile stone that I wish to bring out in the open and bring to your computer screen my little mushrooms.
Now I am not a girl who lives in the ghetto and eats fried chicken everyday wishing everyday that I could meet my baby daddy. I am a girl with big dreams and high hopes of being an independent woman. I Don't see color I just see the way you treat people and the manner in which you do it. I hope you enjoy my blog because I know I will enjoy sharing with you.

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to following your adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is very interesting, I look forward to reading more

    ReplyDelete